Redbird Flight Training Simulator
The Redbird TD2 flight simulator has landed at SCFS, offering a less expensive way to enhance your flight training or just keep those already acquired skills sharp!
Our new simulator is an FAA approved BATD (Basic Aviation Training Device) under Parts 61 and 141. You can log hours towards both Private and Instrument training as well as Instrument Currency.
Come on out and use it to learn new skills, practice old skills, stay current, or get current – it’s available for flying regardless of the weather, and you don’t need to be in a training program!
Pricing and Packages
Use of the simulator represents a considerable cost savings towards your training.
Solo is only $50/hr. For $400, get unlimited use for 6 months.
Our Redbird TD2 simulates four aircraft: a C-172, C-172RG, C-182, and C-182RG allowing students and/or certificated pilots to accomplish a wide variety of tasks:
- Complete up to 2.5 hours of your Private Pilot experience training with a CFI
- Instrument students can log up to 10 hours of simulated IMC training with a CFI
- Instrument Rated pilots can log instrument currency or practice for your IPC with a CFI
- Develop navigation skills (GPS, VOR, DME, ADC)
- Start or finish a flight on the ground or in the air at an airfield or NAVAID globally
- Fly by day or night in VFR or IFR conditions; you select the weather!
- Practice maneuvers and cross-wind take-offs and landings
- Shoot instrument approaches to minimums
- Practice cross-country flights to unfamiliar airfields before you get in the plane
- Use Foreflight, WingX, or Garmin Pilot with simulated GPS signals via Bluetooth
- Practice a variety of system failures at the touch of a button
- Get exposure to flight conditions that would otherwise be unsafe in a real aircraft
- Get exposure to flight conditions that are not local (mountain, high altitude, ocean … hop the Caribbean islands!)
- Get exposure to complex and/or high performance aircraft procedures and handling
- Review the current flight history and/or profile at any time
- Pause the flight at any time and resume with a single button
- Get back in the air quicker if you’ve been away awhile (Rusty Pilot)
- Get basic handling training for a non-pilot to step in for an incapacitated pilot (Pinch Hitter)
Prior to any solo simulator use, a 30 minute minimum checkout
with a CFI is required.